Friday 18 May 2012

Character Descriptions

We have been learning to write a character description about our parents. We focused on using lots of adjectives and similes. How do you think we did?

My Mum and Dad
My dad has curly black hair. He has brown eyes and they shine wherever he goes. He is really kind and caring. My dad looks like he is always calm and he is also very tall.
My mum’s hair is like a beautiful black horse and her brown eyes are like a brown diamond. My mum’s lips are like candy. Her teeth are like a pearl. My mum’s clothes are like a colourful flower. My mum’s clothes are like a pretty beauty pageant girls.
By Meah
My Mum
My mum is beautiful like a queen. My Mum’s eyes are like a hazel nut and her hair is brown and curly like a horse’s hair. Her lips are shiny like a ruby. My mum is busy because she has 3 kids and also she has to cook as well. I get to help her so she can take her time.
By Angelique

 My Dad

My dad looks smart, as smart as a doctor. He has white skin. He is an Indian from Delhi the capital of India. His eyes are as blue as the sea. My dad’s hair is as white as paper.  His beard is as black as the wheels on a bus. His bones are as hard as metal. He is happy and he is 7 foot. He has long legs and he is 42 years old. He loves playing soccer. My dad is a master at pushups and he is a faster runner than me. He has muscles.

By Gurmehar




7 comments:

  1. To Angelique

    * I like how you have said my mum is beautiful like the queen.

    :( Maybe next time you should think about putting some connectives or commers in.

    From Appleton class 4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done meah you have done some fabulouse work. Next time you could do the same amount of writing on your mum so you had the same amount on your dad, because you over loaded a little bit on your mum.
    From Mimi Appleton class 4

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fantastic descriptions! I really like how you have used lots of great adjectives and similes to make your work really interesting. Well done!
    Mrs Barker
    Appleton Class 4

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome descriptive language! Maybe next time add a little bit more?

    Mabel, Appleton Class 4

    ReplyDelete
  5. :)Well done guys your character descriptions are fab. I really like the way you describe how they look.
    :( Next time you could work on describing more about our your Mum or Dad.

    Grace and George

    ReplyDelete
  6. :)Well done guys your charecter descriptions are fab.I really like the way you decribe how your Mum or Dad look.
    :(Next time you could work on describing some things a bit differently.

    Grace and George

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete